Do you have more good habits than bad ones? Name three habits that you would like to get rid of right now. I could name five of them easily!
Most of us are dukes of habit, and it’s normal. Habits help us perform tasks that don’t require a lot of thinking. However, sometimes they become our enemies. When we do too many things without consideration, we don’t leave enough room for creativity. Our moves and our behaviors become predictable, and we don’t give ourselves enough food for new ideas.
If you want to train your creative muscle, it’s time to break some of those habits. They might be absolutely harmless, like taking a certain route to work, or sitting at a certain place at your dinner table. Nevertheless, try to change your standard way of thinking and doing things. Allow yourself to acquire new habits and adopt changes into your life.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Listen to a different radio station
- Go to a new coffee shop
- Choose a different kind of tea or coffee
- Eat something unusual for breakfast
- Go to a restaurant that you’ve never been before
- Pick a newspaper that you’ve never read before
- Try a new recipe
- Go for a run instead of biking
- Bike instead of going to a gym
- Take up photography, dancing, pottery or any other new hobby
- Try learning a new skill every month
- Change your morning and evening routines
There could be more options, but I am sure you got the idea. The most important thing is to break the habitual cycles that block creative way of thinking. Try to change just one thing tomorrow, I dare you! 🙂 And then tell us which one you changed!